Sunday, April 3, 2011

stormy light turns to night


lightening strikes.

a tall girl with a little skirt tells her boyfriend, "oh, my god. look! the sky! aren't the clouds beautiful?

"yeah, babe, awesome," he says.

we are all in an alley. they're standing like trees, gawking at the sky. me, i'm playing the fool, walking by, with my head held low.

eureka. it hits me. i should stop staring at this girl's skirt and observe the sky.

damn. my eye balls pop back into my brain and bounce around like ping-pong balls. i observe the image of god in the sky, in the clouds.

my camera is on me. perhaps, a sign. i snap the shot. it occurs to me that god isn't real. it's clouds, just clouds dipping, diving, circling, flowing, flying, free from hang-ups.

"i can see a kitten," says the girl.

"they are some awesome clouds," says the boyfriend.

i think to myself, i bet i could find a naked lady, a bottle of whiskey and a winning lottery ticket up there if i tried.

i keep walking, eyes toward the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment